Hidden away from the bustling Shoreditch High Street, this residency will be taking place underneath popular dim sum restaurant, The Drunken Monkey.
- Bandito Pop-up (Under The Drunken Monkey), 222 Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 6PJ
- 05/04/2017 to 04/06/2017
Having conquered the discerning drinking scene in Liverpool, reputable spirit aficionados of El Bandito are excited to bring a slice of the North to the heart of London with the launch of a brand new pop-up. Offering innovative and high quality cocktails in a Mexican inspired Shoreditch bar, the El Bandito Pop-Up menu will feature an impressive collection of approximately fifty tequilas and twenty-five mezcals, including specialist brands not available anywhere else in the UK.
The El Bandito brand is the brainchild of business partners John Ennis and Matt Farrell, whom having enjoyed great success with their six Liverpool based bars, are now looking to launch this tequila and mezcal focused pop-up using their extensive knowledge of spirits and passion for creative cocktails. In honour of their work recognising and raising the profile of the mezcal category, El Bandito was one of the first UK bars to be awarded official ‘Mezcaleria’ status by Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal.
Hidden away from the bustling Shoreditch High Street, this residency will be taking place underneath popular dim sum restaurant, The Drunken Monkey, where guests can enjoy a memorable evening of inventive cocktails in a fun and atmospheric basement bar environment. With a capacity of only 40, the agave-addled drinking den will have Mexican influences throughout, including a colourful eye-catching design, vibrant Mexican tiles, and plenty of cacti.
With a focus on rare and high-quality tequilas and mezcals, El Bandito aims to educate and inspire drinkers about these often-misunderstood spirits. Through trips to Mexico to meet specialist distillers and producers, the team are bringing over a number of uncommon and exciting brands including a first for the UK with tequila from the El Pandillo distillery, along with Partida; an all-natural premium tequila.
Examples of the menu include:
• Roots of Agave £9 – Ocho blanco tequila, carrot juice, agave, lime juice, pineapple foam
• Kale Mezcalarita £9.50 – Illegal mezcal, kale juice, ginger, agave, lime juice
• TLC no Shrubs £9 – Calle 23 reposado tequila, peach shrub, lime juice, agave, cactus juice
• Root to Tip £10 – Arette blanco tequila, grapefruit juice, Kamm and sons, lime juice, cucumber & rocket
• Dia de la Muertos £12 – Ocho blanco tequila, ocho reposado tequila, vida mezcal, pamplemouse, punte mes, grapefruit bitters, jalepeños, orange juice & pineapple juice
• Flight 1 – High Vs Low – 6 tequilas showcasing the differences between highland and lowland tequilas, all of which will be explained by the server