On the 7th and 8th of October at the Old Truman Brewery on London’s Brick Lane is this year’s Tequila & Mezcal Fest
- The Boiler House,, 152 Brick Lane, London, E1 6RU
- 07/10/2017 to 08/10/2017
- Sat: 12.00-21.30, Sun: 13.00-19.00
Book via tequilafest.co.uk
On the 7th and 8th of October at the Old Truman Brewery on London’s Brick Lane is this year’s Tequila & Mezcal Fest, with some of the world’s most diverse and exciting agave-derived spirits under one roof. A true celebration of the vibrant and rich Mexican culture, fully endorsed by the Mexican embassy, Tequila & Mezcal Fest educates and informs guests about how to drink these exotic, fine spirits. Guests can also discover the true essence of Mexican culture through delicious tacos, music, contemporary art, Aztec ceremonies and folkloric dance, just don’t forget to change your pounds to pesos on the door!
For LCW Digital Pass holders there's also something special!
Just flash your pass for a FREE cocktail on arrival!
On Saturday - guests will be treated to a free Patron Autumn Margarita
On Sunday - guests can choose between a Don Julio Paloma or Tommy's Margarita
What’s on at the show?
• Over 50 of Mexico’s best agave spirits, truly a one-off opportunity to sample and meet some of distillers and creators behind one of the world’s most up and coming spirit categories.
• Some of London’s finest taco restaurants will be serving up a sizzling selection of tacos from Temper (their legendary goat tacos), Café Pacifico (street tacos with pork, chorizo, beef and vegetarian) and Barrio (Al Pastor tacos, Mexico city style)
• The inventor and master distillers of Patrón Tequila (for the first time ever in the UK) will be hosting tastings and masterclasses, truly a one-off experience
• Rare and artisan agave spirits – Sotols, Raicillas and Bacanoras. A rare opportunity to discover these ancient spirits, could they be the next Mezcal?
• Multiple seminars including ‘What the f**ck is Mezcal?’ and ‘How to make the perfect Margarita’
• Mexican brunch. Start the day with a Bloody Maria or a Michelada (classic Mexican cocktail of beer, lime and spices) served from converted pick-up trucks in the food arena.
• A secret speakeasy bar ‘The Perfectionists Garden’ with special guest international bartenders shaking up cocktails with Patrón Tequila
• The rhythm of Mexico with folklore dancers, an Aztec ceremony and Mariachis
• Plentiful classic cocktails from London’s leading latin bar group, Barrio, serving up Margaritas and Palomas or a straight up tequila and Fentiman’s tonic
• The grand finale of London Cocktail Week, 2nd to the 8th October, Mezcal & Tequila Fest celebrates the end of London’s biggest cocktail festival.
Founder and director of Tequila & Mezcal Fest, Eduardo Gomez, describes this year’s festival as ‘a Mexican celebration in the heart of London, Tequila and Mezcal Fest will bring to the UK the best bits of Mexico including agave spirits, delicious food, art, music and the best Mexican experience this side of the Atlantic!’