Taste your way through reds and whites, old and new and discover your perfect vino with a helping hand from Master of Wine, Dawn Davies.
- The Whisky Exchange, 2 Bedford Street, London, WC2E 9HH
Join the Whisky Exchange team as they compare and contrast sparkling, white and red wines from Australia and Italy, and decide for yourself if the New World are beating the Old World at their own game.
The days of jammy Shiraz are behind us and a new age of Australian wine is emerging. With inspiration from Old World wine styles, and experimentation in both vineyard and winery, Australian winemakers are gaining even more recognition, especially for their experimentation with Italian grape varieties.
Dawn Davies, our resident Master of Wine, has selected some of her favourites from each country to guide you through a fascinating comparative tasting. Will you be saying g’day to the new styles of Australia or ciao bella to the traditional wines of Italy?
You'll be trying:
- La Jara, Pinot Grigio Frizzante Brut Rose Spumante Organic, NV
- Dal Zotto, Pink Pucino Sparkling Wine, NV
- Ronco Basso, Ronco del Gnemiz Chardonnay, 2016
- Las Vino, Margaret River Chardonnay 2016
- Conti Constanti, Rosso di Montalcino 2015
- Dal Zotto, Sangiovese, 2015
- Serafini & Vidotto, Rosso Dell'Abazia, 2012
- Bellwether, Coonwarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
About Dawn Davies MW: A Master of Wine with extensive experience in selecting the finest wines, beers and spirits, Dawn knows what’s good when it comes to drinks. Now the head buyer for The Whisky Exchange, she’s using her expertise to grow our range of fine wines.