Agave specialist bar Hacha is searching for the UK’s Best Tequila Cocktail - culminating in a public tasting and vote on National Tequila Day this July
- Hacha, 378 Kingsland Road, London, E8 4AA
- 02/07/2019 to 10/07/2019
As an industry first, Hacha is launching a national competition to find the best Tequila cocktail in the UK – stepping away from the traditional brand-led cocktail comp format to bring the agave community together in a unique way, promoting bartender creativity and freedom.
HOW IT WORKS
- Bartenders across the UK can submit a cocktail which they have created especially for the competition.
- The cocktail must feature one Tequila from a curated list of seven brands.
- Cocktails are submitted to Hacha – who will shortlist the semi finalists to three per brand (total of 21).
- Each brand will then choose the champion serve (out of the shortlisted three from Hacha team) that will represent them in the final on 24th July.
- Seven bartenders will battle it out in a final on International Tequila Day, Weds 24th July, to find a winning cocktail – Britain’s Best Tequila Cocktail!
- 5 judges – including 4 renowned drinks press and personalities, and the general public.
- Our 4 drinks media will taste all 7 finalist cocktails and pick a final 3.
- A consumer event then invites the public to try our 3 finalist cocktails and cast their vote. The most popular serve at the end of the evening being crowned the winner.
- The winning bartender will go on a trip to Mexico to visit a selection of distilleries and be immersed in the agave culture.
- The winning serve will exclusively take a place on the Hacha menu for a full year – London’s first dedicated Agaveria and destination bar for lovers of agave spirits.
T'S & C'S
- Cocktails must be created to enable high volume & pre batching. The winning cocktail will feature on the menu at Hacha and needs to be recreated easily and at speed for busy service.
- Cocktails submitted must have been created for this competition and not feature on any other menus.
- Each cocktail must use 50ml of one of the seven chosen partner brands: Altos, Arette, Casamigos, Don Julio, Forteleza, Patron, Vivir - you can use any expression of the brand you choose.
- Entries must be submitted to [email protected] by Weds 10th July.
- Submissions must include the drink name, full spec, glassware, an image of the drink plus any other supporting assets.
- Please also include your place of work if relevant and your social handles.
- Any homemade ingredients or infusions must have accompanying instructions.
- Bartenders submitting cocktails must be available to take part in the final on Weds 24th July from 3pm till late at Hacha.
- Cocktails must contain no visual or verbal reference to sex or drugs and must promote responsible drinking.